Sunday, June 28, 2009

0 for 5

Well, 4 of the 5 offers I made were on properties already under contract. I thought the REO service I was using was pretty up to date, but i think they lag behind the mls a bit.

The 5th offer was accepted, but i have a clause to be able to view the city's "point of sale" report before it becomes a contract. This is a list of repairs required by the city in order to get an occupancy permit. The report showed significant foundation damage and I would have had to hire an engineer to design a new foundation basically. So that one was out. And I also found out that this house was in a BAD neighborhood.

So, 0 for 5 this week. I am planning on making more offers next week, to stay consistent. I am working with a new realtor, seeing how well he works out. He seems very anxious and accomodating for now.

Gotta get one though! Gotta get a deal!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Hey Tim!

Congrats to you for getting out there and making offers. Just keep it up, and it will get easier as you go. :)

Steph