Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Finally - a road trip

Well, it's been awhile since I have blogged again, time goes by real fast. I have actually been swamped with a ton of CAD work in the past week, so I have been handcuffed to my computer. Just as the weather turns beautiful, and my girls want to go out and do stuff during the day, I get these urgent projects. We've done a lot this summer as a family, which is awesome. But part of me just wants a few more days of fun before they go back to school next Tuesday. But I take work when I can get it.

I finally had a minute to sit down and look at airfares for a trip to western Pennsylvania. I bought tickets today and am planning to be in PA from September 4-7, next week. I have a lot of preparing to do, looking at listings, making a spreadsheet of houses I want to look at, possibly calling realtors, etc. I NEED houses. Hopefully this trip will be extremely productive and I can get to know the area. I plan on making many offers while I'm there.

Honestly, I am tired of the CAD contract work. I need some passive income in my life. I have had it before, and it was nice. I think I took it for granted, because back then when I owned rentals, I only thought of the bad side. I never gave much thought to the steady income they gave me. I have no steady income now, just erratic income when my clients decide to pay me.

Anyway, I will let you all know how my trip goes. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Have a blast Tim. I know you will do well!

Steph said...

Good luck on the trip, Tim.

Will look forwar to your update when you get back. :)

Steph said...

will look FORWARD to it, too. Hehe.